Saturday, April 8, 2017

UOD: April 8, 2017


While continuing to test out the pet revamp on Test Center, I came across a rare colored white wyrm.

I knew the devs had added in some more colors to pet varieties as part of this publish, but I didn't think some of the older pets had gotten the revamp. The white wyrm on the right is the old "pure white" color. The silverish one on the left is one of the newer colors.

Even though the stats frankly sucked on the new white wyrm, I stabled mine and proceeded to tame this one. When I took my white wyrm to Luna, I let general chat know that they can check out the color there. I had an annoying moment where someone insisted on fighting me on the white wyrms' color, saying there is nothing new, white wyrms only come in two colors. Even when we explained that there have been some new color additions, he insisted that the color wasn't new. It took someone else calling out their white wyrm for him to finally start listening.


In semi-better news, there was an interesting auction in late March. For this particular auction there were three main attractions: a bane dragon, a dread warhorse, and an 18x18.


Nestor was very interested in the warhorse, and he and someone entered in to a bidding war for the ages.

The bidding lasted several minutes. Battles were fought. Teams were picked. Hashtags were thrown. #teamwill versus #teambella In the end a random third player entered and stole the show with a 775 million gold piece bid. The mare was a 3.something.


Shortly after the mare sold, someone decided to spawn a harrower outside the house. It isn't an auction without someone trying to grief the attendees, is it?

The harrower was quickly killed, and the auction returned. Since the dread horse's bidding had gone on for so long, Ermac cut the auction short.


Last to sell was the previously mentioned 18x18, for 50 million.

All in all, one of the more exciting auctions I've attended.

2 comments:

  1. Back in the days when hubby and I played obsessively he had a white wyrm. It was always my favorite. They just looks so cool. His tamer's name was Perky Ones and the wyrm had some sassy name too but I can't remember it now. I also like the nightmares. I'm so old school though, there are probably all kinds of cool newer beasts ingame now.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite pet setup was my nightmare and white wyrm. I remember when I finally had enough taming to upgrade from my 1-drake 2-frenzieds and I tamed my first nightmare. It was a dream. Then when I was able to add in a white wyrm. I still have those pets on Lake Austin, and I will never ever give them up.

      Delete