Thursday, April 13, 2017

UOD: April 13, 2017


I spent one several hour session working on the castle, and it's nearing its final stages. I've started placing down short rough walls and cleaning up the design.


The one thing that has made the process so exhausting is double layers. Or as I call them, hiding layers. In short, the hiding layers help the design look more authentic to custom house designs - that is, while you're running around on the 2nd floor in a covered area, the roof or anything above it doesn't show. Because there's such a height difference between the 2nd and 3rd floor, upper floors would otherwise show themselves if you tried walking in formerly-uncovered hallways.


Nestor requested an oasis of sorts on the top of the build, so this is me raising the "grass" for said oasis. The reason I have to use gozas is because the height of this particular floor is beyond where grass tiles will stay. If I were to put grass tiles up there, they would disappear come server maintenance.

Some day I want to make a series of posts fully explaining the rules of house building, z axis levels, tips and tricks, and why certain things behave the way they do.


Nestor plays on the Enhanced Client. As you can probably tell, I play on the Classic Client. That's great and all, except in circumstances like above where I'm trying to sort through a bag that was filled via EC. It drives me crazy, and I can tell whenever he's been in a container that I've sorted because that bag starts to look more and more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment