Friday, January 27, 2017

Kammie's House Designs - Stones Waterfall & Getaway


This build took longer than I expected. While I customized and got through 80% of the decorating back in July of 2016, I reached a major road block and found myself unable to continue. Shortly after that road block, I stopped consistently playing UO again and this project fell to the wayside.


The first floor is my favorite. I loved finding a way to include both a kitchen and crafting area in such a limited space while still maintaining an aesthetic look. Add in the functional stable with hitching post and I'm one happy camper.

The row of poppies near the front house sign is my attempt at straying from some of my more normal decorating style choices. Usually I would use campion flowers for these sorts of things.

The new stone house buildables helped me breathe some new life into the old goza-L-shape stairs.


The area around the waterfall was difficult for me to decorate. It took a ladder, several gozas, an interior decorating tool, and several choppable containers to achieve the stone/plant/vine look, and even then I'm not 100% happy with it. When looked over in passing, though, I find it mostly enjoyable.

The area directly behind the waterfall was an area I struggled with. I felt I had used too many carpets to fill in white space already, and I wanted some semblance of function to exist for what was essentially the main house's entryway. Enter a nice little meeting table with nearby drawers and "treasure" room.

I like the look of the rustic bench on the grassy balcony here. I tried several chair types before settling on this one.


Finally, the bedroom... sort of. IT does have a bedroom, but when I finished setting that area up I realized there was quite a bit of space left for something else. After some experimentation, I decided to set up a makeshift alchemy table and display case. I'll probably change it later, but it works for now.

I feel like each time I build a house it gets a little smaller in size. Eventually I'll be living in a 1x1 hut surrounded by a beautiful landscape of flowers, trees, and bushes.

For a look at how this house was built, check out this video below!


No comments:

Post a Comment