Sunday, January 15, 2017

UOD: January 15, 2017


On Lake Austin, I hopped on to discover that several of my plants had sold on my vendor. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the plants bought were my black, white, and fire red mutant plants. I was incredibly happy to see that the plants were being put to use.


It didn't take too long for some of that happiness to subside. Today was an EM event for Lake Austin. A sneaking suspicion creeped in, telling me that the plants sold were actually bought by shard hoppers who saw this as a great deal to take back to their home shard and make some money from.

Ah, well. What can ya do? I can't complain too much, because that money will help keep these vendors running during dead times. 


I finished setting up my vendors with the plants I have on hand. I was surprised to see that I had no regular colored plants, save for what's being used to decorate the house.

Once I was happy with my setup there, I took some time to revisit an old excel sheet I had, documenting all of the plant seeds I have on this shard. Using that, I started another, rather larger batch of plants (seen in the first picture). I didn't bother buying up more reagents, as I had plans for Atlantic.


On Atlantic, I further trained up my tailoring, getting my skill up to 116.6. Once I grew bored of looking at cloth, scissors, and a sewing kit, I scoured the shard to build up a magery suit for my main character. I stole my main's outfit to give to my crafter for better magery training (and I'm quite spoiled by faster casting and faster cast recovery), but when it came time to return the suit I found myself dreaming about a better suit for her. My main is being built as a mage/bard, so it's rather important that she have a good setup for casting.

I "built" (bought from several vendors and pieced together) a suit with 100% lower reagent cost, 40% lower mana cost, 12 mana regeneration, 43 mana increase, 60%  spell damage increase, 2 faster casting, 6 faster cast recovery, and 70s in all resists.

Probably not the best suit to those who are more knowledgeable about the most recent information about UO's looting/stat system, but it's still miles above what I normally play with on production shards. I can't ever hope to achieve this on Lake Austin, as I do not have the skills to craft these items, the latency to hunt in the dungeons to get these items, or the vendor options to buy these items. So, I will enjoy this on Atlantic while I can.

Since I'm getting back into plant growing, I placed down my four raised garden beds and threw a bunch of seeds in them. I happened across a vendor that had several seeds I had yet to get, so I stocked up and threw those in some plant  bowls as well.

I'm thinking I'll run the Naturalist quest a few times tomorrow. For now, I think I've had enough of an adventure.

4 comments:

  1. *big eyed dreamy sigh* I love these posts!

    I just might run the Naturalist quest tomorrow too. So my seeds can gather dust because I never get around to planting them anymore. lol

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice being able to live vicariously through others to get your UO fix? I bet it'd be even better if you played! :P

      If you have a raised garden bed, you can plant your mutant seeds and forget about them all you want!
      I withheld my current stock of green thorns from my vendors so I can use them and stock up on the fire red, black, and white Naturalist seeds. I love running through the ant holes. I spent so much of my younger years running through them, taming beetles and killing ant lions.

      Delete
    2. That's what I did while hubby and cohorts were out killing Dreadhorn (Dread Horn?) or doing Doom or tmaps.....I was the gatherer and doer of lesser tasks. I was practically living in the solen hives. I was doing the seed quests and the powder quests. I MISS THOSE GOOD OL' DAYS!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. I haaaated Doom. Those creatures always got the best of me. I did treasure maps with my dad, but that was before the revamp. With the revamp, the chests got harder. While I was able to solo them on Test Center with a super nice mage set, a greater dragon, and the ability to switch skills at will, I have yet to try the new ones on production shards.

      When Stygian Abyss came out I still found myself behind the ball on gearing and skill distribution for the big dungeon. I'm too fond of my tamer to switch, and now that the devs claim they're trying to make tamers' pets more relevant I'm comfortable in never messing with later game content. Give me my plant growing and crafting, thank you very much.

      Delete