Saturday, January 14, 2017

UOD: January 14, 2017


Today was a busy day. I trained tinkering on Atlantic until I hit 100, then worked a little on tailoring until it was right below 113. After a while, I grew bored of hitting "make last" and moved to Lake Austin for some more mindless clicking.

I spent all day cycling through various reagent vendors to continue stocking up on reagents. This time I also made sure to pick up fertile dirt from Ter Mur.


The plants are doing fine. They haven't reached a point where they need to be tended to yet. While I was at the castle, I started reorganizing its contents. This is going to be a very long and arduous process, as it's been several years since I've last gone through and organized everything. I also took several bits of decoration and functional items out so I could have them to easily copy over to Test Center for testing, and never ended up returning said items.

While I was on, Garnet introduced himself to Lake Austin as the newly assigned Advisor for the shard. I'm happy that we have an Advisor, but even he admitted it took several days of hopping on at different times to come across people. I worry that his time will be spent doing virtually nothing for people, as I doubt LA has any newbies.

Nonetheless, Garnet is an incredibly friendly person and I wish him the best on his adventures.

While I'm on the topic of Garnet, I'm not entirely sure whether they are male or female. This being the internet, my first assumption was male, so I'll stick with that until he/she tells me otherwise.


As part of my castle clean out, I finally started putting up vendors in Luna. I'm not completely done, but I reached a point where I was too tired to continue and stopped for the night. All I can say is I hope these plants sell half way decently, because I'm taking an incredible loss putting them up at what I feel is a fair price. I now find that I agree with some posts on Stratics asking for the vendor fees to be lowered, especially for lower population shards.

All in all, it was a long day. I don't feel like I have much to show for it, but I'm content with what's been done nonetheless.

6 comments:

  1. Well I'm still puttering around on Lake Superior. All the places are go are pretty dead except for Luna. I don't want to leave though because I've never been a 'plays well with others' player anyway. lol

    You're REALLY making me want to play. I hope Casey decides to play too. At least there will be someone to putter around with then. And save me when I die.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you're saying is I should keep posting about my UO adventures? >:)

      I realized a few weeks ago that I've never been a very big "team" player. I got too hung up on no longer seeing people. A lot of what I do on UO is solo, but I love the social interactions that would occur organically in the world. This week I've instead concentrated on playing like I normally would, and suddenly the game got 10000% more fun. On top of that, I still encountered people! When I'm in my castle on LA (near the swamp crossroads by Covetous) I see someone run by every so often - and that's during offpeak hours because of where I live now.

      I hope you and Casey decide to play!

      Delete
    2. Maybe he and I should start some characters on Lake Austin!

      I used to love doing group things in-game when it was with hubby or his friend and that friend's girlfriend at the time. It took a long time for me to feel comfortable playing with people online I didn't know, but I did eventually become friends with three other people and for a while our little group of seven was wonderful. Then everyone faded away, some went to WoW, and some just quit playing and let know forwarding contact info.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. If you do make characters on Lake Austin, let me know and I can help you get set up!

      I can't imagine trying to join any group that plays nowadays. They're either PvPers or so established in their group I would feel like an eternal outsider. Then the ones that are incredibly friendly to new people still have a thousand rules you have to follow. X guild meetings required, Y uniform must be worn, must be registered to Z forum. I just want to play a game!

      Delete
    4. Yep, another reason I don't get involved in guilds or groups....all those rules. It especially terrifies me on WoW. At least UO used to be very simple to chat and whatnot. When I got to WoW and there were all different chat types and channels and a million ways to do things it was overwhelming and I was twitching in a corner.

      I've never gotten into voice chat stuff either, and groups seem to all need it now to function in dungeons.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    5. I was super resistant to voice chat. It involve too much of "irl" me and that version of myself was too afraid to talk for fear of my voice making everyone realize what a loser I am and ditching me. *cough* self esteem issues are fun.
      Since then, I no longer have issues using voice chat except for the situations where I'm not a fan of others realizing I'm a female.

      Delete