Wednesday, January 1, 2020

UOD: January 1, 2020


Planting has been going well. I always enjoy watching the rainbow of plants grow and see all of the different colors. This particular screenshot is from several days ago. I've since then replanted a new series of plants.

I decided to expand my vendors in the new Workshop. Instead of organized simply by individual plant type, I've expanded each individual plant type to a 'regular' and 'bright' variety. That lets me stock more plants per vendor and not have to worry as much about keeping a backstock going.


I've started decorating the house part of the workshop. I still don't know if this building will serve more as a RP-style workshop and house or if Rakuyn and I will actually do most of our living out of this house. The Keep designs don't lend themselves to my style of deco, and I'm not sure where I would put the vendors if not my own house.


I've been working to contribute to the past few Artisan Festival cities. The reward boxes with my characters' names on them are nice, as are the lanterns. I still have yet to find a place to put any sculptures or paintings.


 I've finally gone through and sorted all of the BODs. I've been meaning to for 3 years now. Long story short, we have a great many BODs.


For my first round of plant growing, I managed to get four white or black seed mutations. I'm not complaining - I need to build up my stock again!

The uo.com wiki has some information about cross pollinating to get the colored bonsai varieties. I intend to start cross pollination for those once I've sufficiently stocked up all of the vendors again. That'll be a fun endeavor. Now that I've worked with the garden beds for a few rotations I think I can sacrifice walking space for more beds. They're selling for relatively cheap on vendor search, about 7 million per, so I intend to pick up many more so I can continue to plant more seeds.


I've also taken to filling all of the small bods in storage, now that they're organized. That will definitely prove to be a very tiring endeavor. I've barely completed the entire cloth collection. The rest looks like a daunting task.

2 comments:

  1. Artisan Festival cities? Ugh, I have sooooooo much to catch up on!

    I thought vendors were a dead thing if you didn't have a huge vendor house in the big city. Does vendor search really allow random country vendors to still have a purpose? If so, this is encouraging for me!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Artisan Festival is a yearly Christmas-themed thing that's been running since 2016. You save up your BODs throughout the year, then give them to the Elf at whichever city's Artisan Festival is active (usually each city is active for 3 days, and there's a set cycle it'll go through) to help the Christmas tree grow. If the Christmas tree reaches its max size, then EVERYONE who contributed at least one BOD gets a reward. If not, then the number of rewards given out is dependent on the stage of the tree and you only get a reward if you were a top contributor.

      Nope! While Luna/moongate prices are sort of still a thing, vendor search allows anyone's vendor to get traffic if they have what someone's looking for. You can even opt your vendors out of vendor search, if you want.
      I do miss the concept of finding new vendor houses by recalling to runes left all over the floor, or checking out every vendor house's complimentary 'vendor houses we like book', but this makes it so much easier to actually find what I'm looking for, and know I'm not getting ripped off on the price.

      I can't drop the habit of checking out every single vendor in a random house I wander by, though. :)

      Delete