Wednesday, January 22, 2020

UOD: January 22, 2020


I had a random trove map begging to be dug up, so I thought it would be a quick and easy process with Rakuyn's help.

Unfortunately I may or may not have accidentally pressed my mind blast macro instead of greater heal and mind blasted myself at a critical moment when a heal was really what I needed.

Cue grey screen of death.

Luckily there were several wandering healers nearby to help us get back on our adventuring way. I've built up quite a stock of mysterious fragments so I decided to throw them on a vendor at 5k per. They've been selling quite well.


Since felucca has better loot for a variety of items, I thought I would try my hand at fishing up some SOSs in fel. The result was less than encouraging. I only got the lowest luck tier of chests, something I never got whilst fishing in tram. I think I'll stick with my trammel fishing adventures from now on.


While sailing around I happened upon another plunderbeacon. I promptly summoned Rakuyn and we managed to take down the ship in a few minutes. Now that we know how to handle these guys, they're really easy!


A little ways away from the plunderbeacon we happened across two orc pirate ships! The first was an easy kill, but the second one kept sailing away as we were trying to cannonball them to the depths.

We also discovered that the pirate lord captains give an incredible amount of 'soul' to fill our ethereal soulbinders with, so we turned in said soulbinders to get some fellowship silver and buy an Ensign title deed. It's fitting since I've been watching Star Trek while on mass Naturalist quest runs.

I took about two hours to run many back to back Naturalist quests. I got 25 fire red/black/white seeds in all, so I'm a happy camper. Someone bought up all of my naturalist plants so I'll have to make sure I stock them as soon as they finish maturing. At a quick glance I believe I'm about a round and a half  of mass-planting away before all of my vendors are at a fully stocked starting point. Then I can concentrate on building up a back stock and cross pollinating for colored bonsai, black, and white seeds.

8 comments:

  1. I have barely been on since reactivating my accounts on Monday. I did place two houses but haven't done anything with them. One is just a simple classic small marble workshop just over the bridge outside Vesper. The other is an 18x18 plot a little farther outside of town. I have the basic first floor walls up and that's it. LOL

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started playing again last month, things started off slow. It was a combination of 'what's the point, I lost so much' and 'there's so much to do, I don't know where to start.'

      What do you think you'll end up doing when you play?

      Delete
    2. First I need money. I don't even have enough to finish building my house. So looks like I'll be taking my warrior out to kill things. Any tips for getting gold fast?

      I also need to get my overloaded smith/tailor/mule character from the bank to my new house. LOL!!! Her bank is full, backpack full, beetle overweight. I'll have to get my son to log on one account and help. Once she's home and unloaded I'll probably be spending a lot of time in these early days of just rebuilding lost furniture and stuff.

      Oh, and need to run endless Naturalist Quests too! :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
    3. If you have any SOS's and Fishing, fishing can get you 20-40k per chest with minimal mob spawn. T-Maps are good, too, if you have the lockpicking skill for it. Otherwise I usually kill succubi in the Fan Dancer Dojo. They drop about 1500g per and if I kite away the ronin all I have to worry about is the succubus.

      Rakuyn's been training his warrior skills in the painted caves, and the troglodytes give a decent amount of gold while not being too difficult. You just have to be careful of Lurg, a miniboss, that spawns in the deeper areas of the dungeon.

      If you have a commodity deed box (1st year vet reward) you can deed up any resources you have to cut down on moving weight. Otherwise it's just a matter of mass-packy moving, which we all know is so much fun LOL

      Of course, more Naturalist Quests are a must! I have a good stock of all naturalist varieties (over 100 seeds across all the different colors) but it can never hurt to have more :)

      Delete
    4. Yes! Trogs in the Painted Caves! That's where my warrior usually goes to get money. I couldn't remember what they were called. I used to do Lurg fairly often when more people still played. Perhaps I can talk my son into doing that with me too.

      I did save my seeds and some plants this last time that I packed up and quit. I don't have anywhere near what you have but I'm curious to unload those bags and see just what I do have.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    5. On Atlantic there's nearly always someone in the Painted Caves, either killing trogs or farming Lurgs. A lot of the easier dungeons like Shame and Wrong always have someone in them, too. From the forums, some of the lesser populated shards like Lake Superior, Great Lakes, and Lake Austin still have quite a dedicated base of people playing. They just don't like to spam general chat with PvP nonsense like what tends to happen on Atlantic.

      Seed boxes (and stackable seeds!) were the two biggest quality of life changers for gardening. If you can get your hands on one or two seed boxes (they're a 4th year vet reward) they make storing and organizing your plants SO much easier!

      Delete
  2. Lake Superior is where I play.

    I'll have to get some of those seed boxes. I haven't chosen any vet rewards in years so who knows how many I still have available. wOOt! Aren't there plant beds or something too, something to help in growing them?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are Raised Garden Beds -and even Garden Field Beds now!- that let you plant seeds and not have to worry about tending the plants every day. I have juuuuuust a few taking up 3 entire floors of my keep....

      Delete