Sunday, January 19, 2020

UOD: January 19, 2020


In an effort to build up some supplies, I've been alternating between running the naturalist quest and solen friend quest to build up some more seeds and powder of translocation. Rakuyn and I have been using our bags of sending rather frequently to send treasure map goodies back to our banks.

Rakuyn has been expanding his gameplay into aspects I've never touched. He has necromancy, alchemy, and pretty much all of the melee skills that I've maybe touched once or twice while playing on Test Center many a year ago. As a result, he's exploring and working through gameplay I can no longer help him with. I don't even know what stats he needs to look for on his gear, or what weapons skills he should be using. It's fun to watch him explore this, however.


Training with the crimson and platinum drakes has gone well. I've finished the crimson and added in some magery skills, which I think I may end up regretting. I think I may scrap that guy and concentrate on a different build with the platinum drake once I get those final 13 points.


On the 15th Majestic Oaks Auction visited to run a rares auction. The auction ended up lasting for two hours, with various EM and high-value items being sold.

I don't believe any regular auctions have been run since the couple I wrote about from 2017 stopped their auctions. I don't know what made them stop, but this has been a community event I've missed. Though I've rarely bought from auctions throughout my years, I've always attended them.


In a stroke of genius I thought to try and solo a Lady Mel with the cu I had trained in late 2017.

The quest to kill the insane dryads seemed easy enough... until I aggrod Abcess, who proceeded to one shot me.

Rakuyn came to help, and a bloodbath ensued. All we were trying to do was reclaim our bodies and leave. Instead we spent an hour running in, grabbing our bodies, and taking a few steps towards the entrance before succumbing to more mobs.

Yeeeah... next time I'll try a bit more planning and mob control. Arrogance was my enemy.


I've finished setting up the vendors. They're now all properly named and have appropriate items in front of them to help me with stocking. They're not fully stocked, but there's not much more I can do to speed that process up.

The vendors are successful. I frequently get visitors while puttering around the house, and my white and black plants always sell within a few days. The one 'competitor' full scale plant vendor house that used to exist on Atlantic in 2017 is no longer around, so I'm assuming that makes my vendors the only option a lot of people have. There are some smaller scale plant vendors scattered across the shard, but I haven't seen anything that offers a complete plant variety like my house does. I don't blame anyone, either. The plants can be hit or miss, plus they can be rather tedious to upkeep. You have to really like gardening to keep up with this long term.


On the planting front, I've continued to harvest what I can when I can. The first floor has turned into a seed gathering floor. As I've planted rounds, I've noticed certain seeds are getting low in stock. Having a single floor to separate out the plants that need more time to produce resources helps me remember what I need to do with certain plants. If they're not here (or the lamp isn't on) then I can prune them as soon as they mature.


During downtimes when I'm not feeling up to filling more BODs I swap out provocation for inscription on my bard and mass make spell scrolls. I've been alternating between making gate and recall scroll mostly, but I've started working on a stock of at least 100 of every single spell scroll with a vague intention of selling fully loaded spellbooks. I'm also considering stocking some runebooks and atlases, both marked and empty. I'll have to sit and think on the marked aspect, though. I've kept a marked runebook vendor before and it can be tedious work to fill each runebook, even using a Pen of Wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. Alchemy and inscription were the first two skills I really worked when I started playing waaaaaaaaay back when. I quickly found I preferred the mule skills while my hubby preferred the action end of the game. It was fine when we were both playing because I'd craft or fix things for him, and I'd sit back and watch him fight or tame cool things. Once he stopped playing though, it became boring for me. Yay, I mined 18 million pieces of whatever ore, or made that great new furniture piece, or churned out bajillions of scrolls...but for what? To sit in chests in my house. *sigh*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer more crafty and 'homey' things to battles and fighting. Any fighting I do usually serves some sort of crafty purpose in the end, or the fighting is an unavoidable part of what I'm doing (such as fishing and T-Maps).
      One of my favorite things to do is mindlessly repeat the Naturalist quest and watch my stash of seeds grow.

      Delete