Tuesday, January 14, 2020

UOD: January 14, 2020


I finally decided to try out some of the new aquarium decorations. Since I'm rather limited on aquarium space, I decided to go with the small 1x1 footprint. I threw in 12 random fish I obtained with my GM fisher off the coast of Moonglow. We'll see what kind of rewards I get.


Rakuyn and I have taken to running several treasure maps in our free time. I sacrifice my meditation for Cartography and he sacrifices his meditation for Lockpicking. With our suits' Mana Regen values we've yet to run into any issues needing mana.



The loot is pretty nice. I have a lovely stock of mysterious fragments now, which are used for the Shrine Battles. I've also picked up some decent mage gear for my tamer, who's been needing an upgrade for a while now.

I do miss all of the decorative items I used to get from these treasure maps. Now the most valuable items are the scrolls of alacrity and transcendence. Across a good 30+ maps ranging from cache to trove I've only gotten one vine decoration. Phooey.


I decided to hop on my tamer and kill a few solen queens for their crystal balls of pet summoning. While killing them, I went ahead and ran the Ambitious Solen Queen quest a few times so I could stock up on some bags of sending.


I also decided to try out some more pet training. I haven't trained anything on production servers since late 2017, and the cu I was training back then is no longer considered a good build. That's partly why I didn't train very many pets. I wanted all of the dust from the pet training update to settle before I committed any more pets or resources to training anything. Nowadays there are wonderful resources and sample builds to help you optimize your pets for whatever purpose you need them for.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I did it. I reactivated my two accounts again. My son also started playing again but he's doing the free one. He tried to get back to his paid account but had problems, then got impatient and just went for the free one. lol

    Once again, so many things in these pics that I'm absolutely clueless about! Wow!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! There's so much to UO, and I've never been completely up to date on doing everything. Each time I play there's a myriad of things to do and I never find myself bored.

    ReplyDelete