Wednesday, December 25, 2019

UOD: December 25, 2019


I still see a great amount of people on whenever I play, which is reassuring. I'm not even on during peak US hours. Chat is active, the banks have people at them, the forums remain active. 'Tis all good, if you ask me!


Today was another fishing day. I ran a few more naturalist quests and got exclusively fire red seeds. Grr. I managed to pick up a few seed boxes on vendor search that had some rare colored seeds and a decent stock of peculiar seeds, so I'm not as behind as I was a few days ago. Rakuyn has been doing some hunting as he learns the hang of the new skills he's training, and while doing so he saved me whatever seeds he picked up in his travels.

Short update today, as it was mostly more fishing. Now that I've done so much fishing I regret chopping up all of the fish instead of saving them for professional fishing quests. 120 fishing powerscrolls are just as expensive as they were 3 years ago and I don't care to pay those prices.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it's changed since I've been away from the game but it used to be if you did not do the extra nest (?) in the Naturalist quest you would not get the fire seed. There was the regular part where you had to study certain nests, but for the fire seed you had to use a thorn or something to get to an additional nest. Is it still that way?

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's still that way. Examining the secret nest gives you either fire red, white, or black seeds. I wanted the white or black seeds, so of course RNG was giving me almost exclusively fire red seeds.

      Delete
  2. PS - Very cool to see all those people. I couldn't believe how dead the game was when I'd returned after my biggest break. Back in the day we paid REAL money to buy UO houses on eBay! And now I was seeing you could place one anywhere, even in the formerly prime spots. I wasn't seeing people in any of the towns except that one you have pictured (name escapes me at the moment!) and random vendors in roadside houses were nowhere to be found anymore. I think everyone had moved to the one popular shard (Lake Austin?) and the others were just ghost shards.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I miss my home shard, Lake Austin, and while it's still one of the 'more' populated shards with a steady but small playerbase, I don't regret essentially moving to Atlantic. I still have my Lake Austin castle, but I ended up giving up my Luna (name of the city in screenshot above) house so I could use that account for a house on Atlantic. On Atlantic there's always something going on, even during the off-peak hours when I'm on! There are even vendors stocked and maintained with items geared towards new/less skilled players! THAT definitely wasn't a thing when I started playing in earnest again 3 years ago.

      Delete