Monday, March 2, 2015

UO Diary: March 2, 2015

The plants are coming along... sort of. I FUBAR'd one day and a couple of plants are still suffering from me completely forgetting to tend to them. Oops.
I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on some more garden beds, but I'm thinking at this point I'll just have to suck it up and shell out the $20 for 3 on the Origin store. It's almost time for me to start gathering the seeds. Right now the max any plant will have is 2.
One of my palms ended up mutating, so I'm getting 8 white small palms. If I recall correctly, white plants are very popular so that's a bonus for me. This is Lake Austin, however, so that does mean this whole venture is probably not going to be profitable. That's perfectly fine with me. I just want to grow plants.
I caught myself thinking this morning while tending these plants that I'd bitten off more than I could chew in terms of how many plants I'd grown. I had to laugh at myself after that, because I've done sooo many more plants than this in one go.
This is from January of 2009, over six years ago. First off ,that's crazy that this was six years ago. Second off, when all those bowls you see ended up maturing, I took over this entire keep with plants. Everywhere. On every walkable surface. When my Dad, who had lent me the keep, tried to visit here to get some stuff he'd had in storage, he had a laughing fit that left him gasping for air. "Bite off a bit more than you can chew?" I remember him commenting. It took well over an hour for me to care for every single plant here. I didn't care, though. It was fun!
I'm thinking about starting up some plants on Atlantic. The only issue this will present is I'll have to remember to tend plants on two shard every single day. Wish me luck :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved gardening so much back in the day. Getting the black or white seeds was the most exciting thing you could hope for back in those days. Then the new colored ones from the ant quests came along and that was my obsession. I will definitely be getting back into it once I get resettled in the game. There is sooooo much new now, that it'll take me a while to get caught up on things. Like those garden beds. Want!! And I saw there is a seed box thingamajig as a vet reward? Must have!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get excited whenever I see a black or white mutation has occurred! Now there's a large variety of other colored plants, like hops or peculiar cacti or even the bonsai plants. It's crazy! I love trying to build up my plants, though. It takes a while if you're lazy like me :)
      This seed box is a lifesaver! It also identifies my seeds for me which saves a use of my poppies dust, though that of course means all poppies dust is obsolete. As soon as I saw that the seed box went live I hopped on my account and claimed one. It's only 4th year, too, so chances are your account's old enough to claim it.

      Delete
    2. I was out of it even before poppies dust. So many plant things I don't even know. Right at the tail end of my playing, when I was coming and going in half interest, the new plants like ....geez, I can't even remember.... hedges? There was a handful of new plants. All of the trimming and stuff came after.

      Our accounts are something like 130 months, so almost 11 years. And most rewards haven't been claimed yet. I'll be doing some rewards shopping! lol

      ~Deb

      Delete