Thursday, March 5, 2015

Kammie's House Tidbits: November 2009

As I go through old screenshots, I see little bits of house designs I wish I'd taken more screenshots of. This being one of them. There were two house designs before this that utilized the same wall style, but I only know that because I recognized it from very vague screenshots that did not have the actual house design intended as the subject of the screenie. The subject was more funny moments via text between me and some fellow guild members.
Here I want to partially illustrate the use of plants and decorations to help breakup the monotony of grass/flooring, as well as introduce the use of rocks to soften the edges of a river (look around the health bars and you'll get a vague idea of this).
While I've already randomly placed different grass tiles to make sure the ground doesn't look too repetitive (look around outside the house foundation for an illustration of this), that sometimes isn't enough to look good (in my opinion). While to some people the ground may look cluttered, I feel a better descriptor may be 'active.' There is a nice splattering of plants and different 'sparklies' (remember the poppy dust?). I also have some leftover spiderwebs and thanksgiving-type decorations, really showing how I was in this time transitioning from a Halloween look to a Thanksgiving look. This is the year that the Developers introduced turkeys, and my goodness those were fun to tackle!

3 comments:

  1. I want that cornucopia! Was it a gift? Event? Reward? I need one, and any other fall decorations they've come out with since I quit.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a reward from the Thanksgiving 2009 quest (and I don't think they've brought that quest line back into circulation since) and an occasional drop from a turkey that spawns in November. I like these over the horns of plenty because they recharge 1 charge per day (they start with 10) no matter what month it is. The horn of plenty only recharges in November.
      The cornucopias also drop some really cool fall deco! I love decorating with corn stalks and other foodie items :)
      Are you interested in Halloween stuff at all? There are tons of Halloween deco items (mini beds, guillotines, and a bunch of spooky items), as well as entire costume sets you could get from a 2009 Halloween event.

      Delete
    2. We had started getting a few Halloween things. I always liked houses that would totally convert to those spooky type things for the Halloween season. We never had enough to do that much though. I usually just did the cornstalks and pumpkins on the front steps. I remember one year the big thing during Halloween was to harvest pumpkins that spawned by (old) Haven, because rare ones would pop up. (Or was it outside Moonglow? I forget now.)

      ~Deb

      Delete