Sunday, December 22, 2019

UOD: December 22, 2019


I've filled up the new keep design with raised garden beds. I'm fortunate that I had moved the majority of my seed boxes moved over to the keep. When the 2nd 18x18 fell, I simply lost all of my rare colored and peculiar/bonsai seeds. Not to mention my stock of all plant resources, but I'll get it back eventually.

Since it's been so long since I've really played, my plant vendors have little to no stock. I've been working to fix that, slowly. Unfortunately there's only so fast the plants can grow.


I checked the EM soulstone garden a couple times, in the hopes that someone might've turned in either my or Nestor's soulstones. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case, so I've been working on retraining whatever skills I can. I didn't lose too many skills, as I didn't have very many soulstones, but it's still tiring to have to retrain skills I've already put the work into.

I'm glad I didn't really use my soulstones to store all of my miscellaneous skills. While I did lose some things like Cartography and Fletching, most of my skills were already stored on 'holder' characters.


Thus - more cartography training! I picked up a few scrolls of alacrity, talked to a mapmaking NPC, and got to training. It took a bit over an hour, but I eventually reached 95. Then I decided to pick up a scroll of transcendence to take me the rest of the way to 100.

I haven't touched T-Maps since the new revamp earlier this year, and most of my higher end maps were lost, but I still have interest in checking it out at  some point. Luckily, I still have lockpicking stored away on one of the characters so I don't have to spend a few hours at Goodman's Library training on the lockpicking boxes.

2 comments:

  1. EM soulstone garden? What/where is that?? I'm so out of the game that I've never ever heard of this. Scroll of Alacrity...Scroll of Transcendence...Goodman's Library... Oy, I have so much to learn. I've been kicking around the idea of playing again and reading your posts is really driving the urge now! lol

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most, if not all shards have either player or EM-ran soulstone graveyards/gardens intended to store Soulstones found in IDOCS in case their owners ever return. On Atlantic, it's on one of the middle western islands of Malas near the EM hall.

      Goodman's Library is just a long-running runebook library on Atlantic. It includes runebooks for current story arcs, quest guides, and a few areas to help players train their skills. The original owner passed away I believe, but close friends have kept up the library in honor of Goodman.

      Delete