Monday, December 23, 2019

UOD: December 23, 2019


Planting has continued. I've managed to run a few Naturalist quests to get some more seeds. I keep getting fire red seeds, though, which are nice and all, but I wanted more variety across the rare seed colors.


A long time ago, I mentioned training fishing as another skill I could use on my bard. At that time, I trained a whopping 0.4 points to a grand total of 50.4 fishing. That skill has sat on a holder character until today, when I decided I would give fishing another try.

I bought all of the alacrities available on vendor search, good enough for an hour and 15 minutes, and set off from Magincia with the intention of fishing until my fingers fell off.

The gains were decent. By the end of the scrolls I was up to 70 fishing. I was about to call it quits when a friend I had introduced to UO, Rakuyn, told me he was buying a Deluxe Starter Pack.

For those who don't know, that starter pack includes an alacrity scroll that lasts for a week and gives the user's party members increased skill gains as well, assuming they're within a few tiles of the user.


We proceeded to fish for a few more hours before calling it a night. Or rather, I fished while Rakuyn practiced his necromancy. Since he could cast his spells anywhere he just stuck by me on the boat while I fished around looking for gains.

Three years ago I never would have had the patience to sit here fishing for hours on end. Yet today here I am, fishing. I'm excited to finally be able to fish up my own SOSs on a production sever. I've only ever done SOSs on Test Center before.

1 comment:

  1. I loved doing the Naturalist quests. I was never one for the big battles and groups, partly because our slow internet wouldn't allow it, and partly because everyone knew the game better than I did and I hated getting yelled at for not playing 'right.' So I loved the solo pursuits like mining, gardening, farming smaller scale battles.

    I never got into anything with boats either. So I dabbled in fishing but only from the shore, and got bored when I couldn't ever fish up the good things. Hubby and his friend, back in the day, went through an obsessive tmap phase back in the day and were on boats sometimes. I keep trying to draw them back to the game be telling them they're really expanded on all the water related stuff but so far, nope, they're not interested. *sigh*

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete