Tuesday, March 7, 2017

UOD: March 7, 2017


Nestor has an... interesting way of decorating. I call it the "throw it where it fits" method.

We've taken to keeping several orange plants growing at all points in time to stock up on the orange petals. Since we do Humility so often, it's come in very handy to have some increased poison resistance. The bonuses aren't as noticeable for the Turtle spawn due to the level of poison the Dimetrosaurs inflict, but we use them anyways for the off chance the petals do their job.


At one point we hopped on Heroes of the Storm with a mutual friend to get the promotional mount for World of Warcraft that Blizzard has going on. It took us about 4 hours to get all 15 games required.


Every day is usually speckled with a champion spawn run here or there. I can't say I get anything particularly good, and I know I could build up a character that would deal higher damage and have a higher chance of getting good items, but it's so fun playing my bard I really don't want to change.


I finally set up several vendors at the workshop. Down on the front steps I have a vendor for repairs, some miscellaneous jewelry and gear I pick up from our adventures, armor refinements, and some scribed goods. I'm still trying to work out some prices for the stuff I want to sell, but as I go I find myself adding more and more vendors. Soon I'll add in a natural dye vendor and seed vendor.


As part of my preparations for the natural dyes, I've started harvesting silver serpent venom from serpents in my free time. I checked the vendor prices for silver serpent's venom and it just wasn't worth it when I can make the ingredients myself and especially since I plan to sell pigments. Any extra costs I incur would be passed on to the customer, and eventually they would decide they do not want to pay the price I can give them.

6 comments:

  1. What are those oval rug things in the top pic? Are they crafted? Vet rewards? Earned? I've never seen them. Actually, quite a lot of stuff in that pic I've never seen. That's how far removed from the game I've become. =(

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are 10th year Vet reward rugs! They come in a large and small option when you place them. The rose rug generates 1 random seed per week, skull generates 1 treasure map per week, and the dolphin generates 1 treasure map per week. Each rug stores up to 10 of whatever it generates.
    You remind me a lot of Nestor from the past month and a half. He's been spending a lot of time on the forums or checking out vendors and I feel like I'm constantly answering "what's this?" "what's it do?" and "how do I get it?" It's totally fun, though. I feel like I get to re-fall in love with the game. There's enough for it to still be the UO I know and love, but enough new and exciting things for me to keep myself busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa...I need the seed rug! lol Are they just basic seeds? Or do you get a rare or unique one now and then too?

      UGH, I can't wait for things to settle down for me so I can try playing again!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. The rug gives rare/peculiar/fragrant seeds and all the color variations, too! I got a white cactus the other week from it.

      I can't wait to hear about your adventures as they start up! :)

      Delete
    3. My adventures won't be exciting like yours. Mine will be more like 'Did some mining today, got some copper. Made some recall scrolls to refill my book.' LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
    4. LOL Hey, those are adventures as well. I spent a huge chunk of yesterday killing mummies and ant lions for hedge seeds, and while it may not be glamorous I still consider it an adventure :)

      Delete