Tuesday, March 7, 2017

UOD: March 6, 2017


Nestor accidentally started us on champ spawns again.

I'll admit, I've had limited knowledge of what's available in Ilshenar for a very long time. The only spawn I had run before (in Ilsh) was Lord Oaks, and even then it was back in the days of White Wyrms and my very sub-par mage suit.

Nestor stumbled upon the Humility spawn while trying to find somewhere to use his brand new Smuggler's Edge. While he was checking out a place near the Humility shrine that he was told would help, he realized he had stumbled upon a champion spawn.


What was even better, someone seemed to be trying to run it. I decided to join in, and before I knew it we started consistently running the Humility spawn.

I've learned a lot about how Humility works since then, and realized the basic methods participants use to take out certain bosses.


One of the fun things about Humility is the spawn itself is random. Sometimes we'll get Semidar/Abyss, sometimes we'll get Neira/Unholy Terror.

So far we've managed to get several minor artifacts, level I and II primers, and lots of gold.


The population feels like it keeps going up. More and more I feel like I'm lagging out because there are lots of people on running champion spawns or simply bogging down the server.


There's a consistent group of people I see at the champ spawns, and we all help each other out when we can with heals, cures, etc.


Somewhere along the line someone called for help with the Dragon Turtle spawn. I had never done it before, but I was willing to check it out, so check it out we did.

There's a major method people use to handle the creatures - kite them to a nearby river and use the river to create physical distance between us and the mobs. It works for the most part. We just have to be careful at level 2, when there are banana-slinging gorillas who pack a mean punch.


Since my first successful Dragon Turtle run, I've managed to get one egg for myself. Outside of that, I've gotten yet more artifacts, gold, and some Time of Legends receipts. 

As of today I still haven't checked out the new mechanics for Doom. I worry my connection isn't good enough to do so.


On the plantgrowing/vendor font, I've recustomized my former apartment complex into my main house and plant nursery. It even has some vendors. The main house has been redesigned to be exclusively a plant house, while still keeping away from the Borg Cube of Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment