Wednesday, March 22, 2017

UOD: March 22, 2017


I've started feeling a draw to the sea-faring life. When I decided to train my fishing skill, I realized that I couldn't simply train it up on a mule type character. Both training and everyday use would put said character in a variety of situations that would require some sort of ability to retaliate and stay alive. In the end I decided that my main character, a bard, would be best suited for the skill. While training the skill I sacrifice provocation, and when I finally hit GM I will mainly play with fishing on this character.

Part of this decision led me to realize I would finally have to bite the bullet and buy some soulstones. For now, I can load up Fishing on a different character when it's not in use, but if I ever swallow a powerscroll I will no longer be able to hold the skill on one of my skill mules. I mean, I could, but I'd have to buy the scroll for a 2nd time, and it's expensive and difficult to find one 120 fishing scroll, let alone two.

My fishing is barely 60 at this point, so I have time to look for a scroll. Another option I have is to run the Fishmonger quests and hope that I will get a powerscroll as a reward.


Nestor and I have continued keeping the pet stall stocked. Our most popular pet by far is the fire beetle, so every few days we find ourselves in the depths of Yamotsu. Every so often we will go on a hunt for higher powered greater dragons. So far our best find has been a 3.8. We shall keep trying!


I've forgotten a lot of my woes about the game's state while running through Atlantic. As much as I appreciate the history and my time on Lake Austin, I've almost fully transitioned to Atlantic. I very rarely log on to Lake Austin anymore.

As confusing as the hoards of people can be and as loud as chat can get, I love it.


I've finally started sorting through the bags of Treasure Map goodies Nestor and I have collected. I opened up another vendor at the Workshop to place the Alacrity and Transcendence scrolls on, and we've made a modest bit of gold off of the sales. Eventually we will have to go on some more trips. Now that I've realized how much Fel treasure maps consistently sell for (at least 15 mil per), I appreciate that we were able to get such a great deal on the maps included with the Davies' Lockers.


I've also received some decent drops from my champion spawn adventures. A couple more dragon turtle eggs as well as some level 3 primers have made their way into my backpack. It's been nice to work on increasing my damage output while still acting as a healer. I enjoy the challenge, though I do wish I had a better ping. I can only imagine what I could do if I didn't have to worry about lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment