Wednesday, February 25, 2015

UO Diary: February 25, 2015

I've been fighting the UO bug for a few months now. With nothing to do in my free time I've found myself hopping on more and more, and actually planning out stuff to do on the two shards I play on. Test Center got wiped, and I didn't get the Luna house spot I always strive for. It's probably best, seeing as all the stuff I usually set up on Test Center would hardly be used.
I'm rather proud of this house design. I hopped into customize mode and didn't have anything planned out, on paper or in my head. Instead I just started working around with different wall types, making sure not to use a typical set I've used before. I recorded myself customizing, and once (if) I finish decorating I'll put together a video as well as a post. As you can probably figure out, I'm wanting to set up some vendors. Most likely plant vendors, as that's all I ever consistently do. Other stuff I would extend to would be inscription or alchemy based. But selling resources? Not for me. I don't have enough resources to start selling them, for one.
I'm starting up growing plants again. I have an excel sheet where I can inventory what seeds I do and don't have. It's rather hard to build up what you have on Lake Austin. If I were to start growing plants on Atlantic I could easily get my hands on every single seed available. Not to mention ridiculously cheap kegs of potions already premade. On Lake Austin I either have to shell out 50k for a keg, or spend the time making the kegs myself. Whenever I'm surfing the web I tend to hop on my alchemist and have him make potions.
I plan to do several rounds of the Naturalist quest to get some seeds. I'll possibly set up a vendor or two in Luna and start selling off my plants. I've been going through all the boxes and boxes of storage in the castle and I realize that I have entirely too many plants. If they were worth more for Clean Up Britannia I might consider tossing them, but they're valued at under a point each. Not quite worth it to me.

1 comment:

  1. I reactivated my two accounts last week after we talked about the game on your other blog. I've started and stopped playing so many times over the past five years or so but this is the first time I've ever come back and not been able to reclaim my two big house spots outside Luna. That was kind of a bummer. There is still a lot of open space in that area but I decided to move back to my hometown of Vesper and was able to place a tiny noob house just over the north bridge. Now I need to pretty much start over in building up regs and resources and such. Good thing it's all the mule work that I enjoy doing most. And I definitely want to get back into growing plants again. I loved that back in the days my family played obsessively.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete