Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kammie's House Tidbits: May 2009

This is the only screenshot I have of this house, and it's a great disappointment. I was so proud of this at the time. I still vaguely remember it and am impressed with what I did.
Usually when I customize a house, I have set 'rooms' and needs that I know I have, and I build the house around those needs. Here, I did whatever fitted my fancy, making a point to purposely make weird shapes and sizes for rooms and forcing myself to think outside the box in order to decorate the house. I ended up being rather proud of what I did. I remember the 3rd floor being a crafting area, and the roof being tiles much like the design from April, but the first few floors I was very happy with, though truth be told I remember nothing of the 2nd floor. I want to say it was a very large bedroom with no doors and archways with curtains covering the entrance from the 1st floor/exit to the 3rd floor.
The area near the front door acted as a front door, heavily decorated with plants and other oriental-style decorations. The room the purple water trough is in ended up being a kitchen, with the little 2x3 room being a pantry with stacks of chests to help with the storage. The room with the blue water trough was the dining room/hallway, and the room that the green writing desk is outside of ended up being a 'pirate mappers room' of sorts. The porch that lead of off this pirates room ended up being full of plants, and served no real purpose besides being a place for me to put plants in. I love plants, as you should be able to tell in any of my designs.
The room that has the stacks of boxes ended up being a writing nook.
To fit the customization, I remade all of my furniture in a regular color. I think this was my permanent transition from dying all of my furniture to staying in a rather 'neutral'/original color palette. 
The little closet that nested in the "L" of the steps served as a hidden treasures closet. It basically had a stack of chests with rares and miscellaneous supplies.
So there this is. A vague outline of a house, left for your imagination to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment