Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Kammie's House Designs - Greenhouse & Shop

Here is the front of the house. Up by the blue chimes is the entrance to the only public area, which is supposed to act as a small plant shop. Where the character stands is the main planting station, with a gate leading to the pathway and some decorative plants. I'm rather proud of how this entire area turned out.
Here you can see the shop and office. I couldn't decide if I wanted to add more display tables to the shop area, but ultimately decided that I preferred the less cluttered look. I may add some sort of rug to the store floor at some point, but as is it's good. Once I set up vendors, they will be behind the counter. How I organize them, I have no clue, but as is I like the look. Behind the shop you can see the office where there's a typical desk and storage/book setup, as every good shopkeeper should have. The room with stacked benches usually has plants that are in their infant stages. It's set up for a more aesthetic than functional look. The bare green grass that leads from the shop to the nursery is there to put the plants once they mature.
Here you can see the 2nd floor of the nursery as well as the beginnings of the living quarters. Functionally I did not leave enough green grass as a place to put fully matured plants, but any more green areas and the whole house felt out of balance... or something. I don't know, hehe.
The room with the table is a rather cramped kitchen, with a guest room and bathroom right off of that. What a lovely way to wake up in the morning, smelling eggs and bacon! The stairs by the kitchen lead up to...
...The third floor, which has the master bed & bath as well as a crafting room. I'm still not sure what I should do with the porch. All I know is it looks too empty. The alchemy station will have to do for now, though.

So there you have it! A semi-functional greenhouse, living quarters, and shop, set up with roleplaying purposes in mind. I don't roleplay on UO, but I've always loved putting together house designs as if I did roleplay. This one was a pleasant challenge as it's the first house on a production house that I've fully decorated in several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment