Thursday, April 16, 2015

Customizing Your House: Roofing Ideas Ep. 1

 
Here is an expected/easy way to design your L shaped houses. This works fine with pretty much any tileset besides the ceramic or oriental style.
Here is the same tileset with just a slightly different design. I suppose you could juxtapose the two archway designs... I'm just not that creative.
 What does catch my eye and fuel my passion, however, is finding ways to make things that shouldn't work, work. 
When I work with unnatural (ie: anything that's not an easy rectangle) shapes, I love finding ways for it to work with my roof style of choice. Here you can see that I made the little rectangle look like an addon to the house. 
Here you can see I've extended the 'addon' roofset to meld with the 'main' roof. While up close it may look a little odd, in a full picture you would be none the wiser.
See? It may bug you if you look directly at it, but it's one of those things that adds to the whole design better than if you'd scrapped the roof and gone with a different type.
Anyways, this is a new tag I've made, so those looking for some inspiration for out of the norm roofing ideas have fun looking through here as I add on!

No comments:

Post a Comment